Are you having difficulty changing gears?
The modern automatic transmission is the most complicated mechanical component in today’s vehicle. Your vehicle’s transmission allows you to easily shift your vehicle into drive, park, or reverse. Today’s transmissions are made up of many components and systems that must work together fluently for your vehicle to operate properly. With so many parts working together, this can lead to your transmission needing special attention.
When your transmission is in needs of an overhaul, one option is to have it rebuilt. At Heinold & Feller we offer Jasper Remanufactured Transmissions with a 3 year/100,000 mile/full nation warranty.
When getting your vehicle serviced, explain any problems in as much detail as possible to our technicians. This will help us diagnose and prevent transmission issues efficiently and accurately. Click the box below to request a service quote or to schedule an appointment online.
Routine transmission maintenance leads to a longer vehicle life. Typically trouble with the transmission starts from overheating. Stop-and-go traffic, heavy pulling, struggling in the snow, hot weather, and racing can cause your transmission to overheat. At higher temperatures the transmission fluid burns. Your vehicle loses lubrication and harmful deposits inside the transmission increase. We recommend that you take your vehicle to a service technician as soon as you believe your vehicle is having transmission problems.
Joe Talks - Transmissions
Protect your transmission from damage.
- Check your parking space for leaks regularly. If you notice fluid deposits under your car, have one of our technicians inspect it right away.
- Check the transmission fluid levels and condition. Change it when necessary.
- Make sure you use the correct transmission fluid as specified in your owner’s manual.
- Make sure to stop your vehicle before shifting into reverse or park.
- Always hold the brakes down when shifting from park.
- Paying attention to your transmission will help increase the lifespan of your vehicle, save money on costly repairs, ensure smooth shifting, extend your transmission fluid’s life, and help prevent leaks.