Other than tires, brakes comprise the most important safety component of your vehicle.
Brakes are no place to cut corners on auto repair. Whether you are hearing noises, feeling a difference when braking, or a brake light is on, contact us for a diagnostic appointment.
Warning signs that your car’s brakes may need service.
- Squealing or grinding noises when using brakes. This could mean your brakes need to be adjusted or that your brake pads are worn and need replacement.
- Your dashboard’s Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) light turns on. This indicates that your brake fluid is low. You may have a leak in your brake line. Get it inspected.
- While braking, your car pulls to one side. This means that your brakes need adjustment, there is brake fluid leakage, or your brakes are worn out and need replacement.
- Your brakes are hard to press down or feel “spongy.” Usually this means air has gotten into your brake lines or you may have low brake fluid.
- When applying your brakes, your steering wheel, brake pedal, or entire vehicle begins to shake. If this happens, your brake rotors could be warped and need replacement.
Request An Appointment Online
Fill out the form below to request a an appointment. A member of our staff will contact you to confirm the appointment.
When your mechanic is wearing the ASE patch, don’t expect to get to know him—you won’t be back in a long time! That’s because our ASE technicians do the job right the first time. They inspect all aspects of the disc brakes, drum brakes, parking brake, and hydraulic system.
Joe Talks - Brakes
Are your brakes squeaking or grinding? Are you pushing harder than usual to brake?
Our ASE-certified technicians take professionalism to the next level by offering courteous and knowledgeable service to all of our customers. Continually striving to master every aspect of automotive care, ASE technicians follow Motorist Assurance Program Uniform Inspection Guidelines for your vehicle’s braking system to assure safe, smooth driving. When you notice any brake warning signs, contact Heinold & Feller immediately.